Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

what's your number?


i met someone recently who introduced me to numerology.

first, let me give you a little background on myself.

i tend to be the skeptical, glass half empty type. i think a lot of things are BS, however, i do like reading my horoscope and love when it is right on. that said, let me continue.

basically i found out that every birth-day is associated with a number and that day/number says a lot about you.

in order to find your number, you add up your birthdate. in my case, i would add, 3 + 3 + 1 + 9 + 8 + 3 (March 3, 1983). this number adds to 27. I then add the 2 and 7, which means my number is 9. below are what 2 different sources say about my number. some of the info is right on and some is a stretch. either way, its kinda interesting.

9- You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world- Numerology site.

More-You have great compassion and idealism. You are a utopian, and will spend your life trying to realize some aspect of your utopian dream, sacrificing money, time, and energy for a better world. It is in giving that you will find much satisfaction. You have a broad outlook on life. You tend to see the big picture, rather than the minute details.

More info about my number.
(use these sites to find your own number!)

The book below is a famous book on numerology and there is a decent sized exerpt online!
The Life You Were Born to Live: A Guide to Finding Your Life Purpose


what do you think? interesting? or total BS?

2 comments:

Ross said...

I'm a 22/4 - The Master Number

"You have the greatest potential to be truly successful in your life. The 22/4 is known as the (spiritual) master builder. Its energy is different to that of the numbers 1 – 9 although it also possesses the characteristics of the 4 life path. With a 22/4 life path, you have enormous dreams the and vision to create something huge and everlasting in the physical world that will last for centuries after your death and leave behind a legacy for you. You dream of making an important difference with your physical manifestations and creation for all humanity."

I guess I'm pretty lucky and lucky to be your boyfriend.

Zach Slobin said...

Hey Erica,

So awesome to see that you grabbed the book and found some inspiration in it! I'm a 29/11 and the more you study your path and what the numbers say, the more fascinating it gets! I have a few other books I can recommend if you would like!

Zach
http://facebook.com/zachslobin