Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

closet makeover!

anyone that knows me know that i am pretty clean.
my desk at work is spotless, i make my bed everyday, and my room is pretty orderly.
my closet wasnt horrible, it just needed some help. and i was forgetting what was in it.
i had been wanting to organize for awhile and get the slimline hangers, but it seemed tedious and time consuming, so i just held off.
i told my friend anna about these hangers and she told me she had bought the same hangers and it was amazing! after i heard this, i was motivated to go for it!!


(closet before= not horrible, but needing help, and i could never keep my shoes organized!)

sooo, i got to work.

i bought 2 packs of 50 slim line hangers at bed bath and beyond,
the real simple shoe and boot organizer, which i LOVE,
the real simple slimline swing arm pant hanger (2 are in the pack),
and the real simple slimline tie hanger for scarves

i love the hangers, but i kept some of my old hangers, because the reviews of the hangers say that if you hang wet clothes on them, the velvet comes off on your clothes.
since i sometimes hang wet clothes on them, i held on to a few.

the pant hangers are a great space-saver, but i dont know how i feel about them yet. if you hang a lot of jeans on them, it is kind of hard to see what is there. sooo, the jury is still out on them.

the tie hanger is great, but i realized i had something similar, so i took it back.

after going through all my clothes, changing out the hangers, and making a give away pile, i was DONE!





isnt my closet beautiful? i just LOVE looking at it.
the shoe and boot organizer is AWESOME because it fits boots, flats and other miscellaneous stuff on the sides, and look how much room i have left!!! before, all the extra space was JAM PACKED!


and look how big my give away pile is!!! im a going to get rid of a lot of stuff that i wasnt wearing and was taking up room!!

happy president's day!!

2 comments:

Paula said...

looks awesome- good job!! xoxox

Brunch at Saks said...

What a fantastic makeover! You're motivating me to get my butt in gear!

Hugs xoxo